Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team!
Hold a Master 4 Certificate of Competency?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Communication – written and verbal
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Outstanding Vessel handling skills
- Flexibility and reliability
- Customer service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Proven reporting and accountability
- Tourism industry – Desirable
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master 4 Certificate of Competency - Essential
- MED 1 or higher - Desirable
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- Driver’s license – Essential
- Confined Space – Desirable
- Forklift and HR License - Desirable
- Elevated Work Platform license – Desirable
- Dangerous Goods - Desirable
About the role
The Master will be responsible for the daily efficient operation of the vessel whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and staff customer service at all times. The primary function of this role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of Company vessels. This position requires working as leader of a team, a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills as well as proven safe ship handling and management skills.
The Master must ensure the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant local and international laws and company policies and is responsible for the implementation and verification of the Safety Management System on board.
The Master may be required to work outside of normal hours on occasions during emergency periods or annual slipping and maintenance requirements. A thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. They will work in close conjunction with the Marine Maintenance Manager and the Marine Operations and Service Manager.
This is a key role within the organisation and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management skills.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!