Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Monday to Friday work. Weekends and voluntary overtime available.
We are currently seeking Casual Drivers for work across the metro area. Although the vacancies are for casual positions, we are also looking for the people to progress in the organisation to permanent position in a short period of time.
The availability of work allows our Casual employees to earn a high income based on their availability.
With 12 depots across the metropolitan area, we will have a location close to you.
About the Role
We are looking for customer service focused people that have a strong commitment to safety to provide the best experience for our customers.
The role is a Casual position that includes weekend/public holiday work.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Drive Swan Transit vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Be customer focused
- Provide a reliable public transport service in accordance with timetables
- Must be well presented
- Must be a team-orientated person
- Ability to participate in a 2 week paid training course
- Wages :$38.14 to $41.10 per hour
- Uniform provided
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and make quick and practical decisions
- Ability to recognise and accept change
- High level of professional driving skills
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Transport Industry - Highly desirable
- Medium Rigid or above Drivers licence
- Have the ability to obtain Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorisation is desirable
- Be able to obtain a Working with Children card
Swan Transit is a part of Transit Systems which is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 206 million customer journeys per year. With operations throughout Australia, London and Singapore, Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company, and together, the combined group employs more than 9000 people, maintains and operates 3800 vehicles and 120 vessels and provides more than 206 million customer journeys each year. For more information about Transit Systems please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record and education sections of the application, paying close attention to each question. We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.