Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Swan Transit is the contracted operator for the TransBunbury bus network, covering the Greater Bunbury region.
Swan Transit is a part of Transit Systems which is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 350 million customer journeys per year. With operations throughout Australia, in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, London and Singapore, Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company, and together, the combined group employs more than 8900 people, maintains and operates 3500 buses and 117 vessels and provides more than 206 million customer journeys each year. For more information about Transit Systems please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
About the Role
The primary function of the Bus Driver is to effectively and safely operate passenger vehicles and to provide professional customer service.
The position requires you to meet and exceed set operational targets and key performance indicators whilst displaying exemplary work ethics and professionalism at all times. Superior communication and decision making skills will be required whilst on tour.
The role is a Casual position that includes weekend/public holiday work.
To ensure success this role requires commitment, initiative, careful planning, problem solving and decision making, team work, multi-skilling, time management, communication, interpersonal skills.
Applications are invited for casual drivers in accordance with the following:
- Drive Swan Transit vehicles in a safe and professional manner
- Provide a reliable public transport service in accordance with timetables
- Represent the public image of Swan Transit as a customer focused public transport provider
- Must be well presented
- Must be a team-orientated person
- Ability to participate in an intensive paid training course
- Wages: $38.48 p/hour
- Uniform provided
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and make quick and practical decisions
- Ability to recognise and accept change
- High level of professional driving skills
- Western Australian Passenger Accreditation Class SP & LP
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Transport Industry - Highly desirable
- Heavy Rigid (HR) or above Drivers license
- “F” or “T” endorsement or Passenger Transport Driver (PTD) authorization is desirable
- Be able to obtain a Working with Children card
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record and education sections of the application, paying close attention to each question. We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 30/09/2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.