SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
So, what are you looking for......
We are in search of a professional Resort Gardener to join our diverse team.... do you think you have what it takes?
To be successful in this role you will need to be hands on and physically fit, a team player, well presented and enjoy working outdoors. Previous experience in Garden Maintenance, Landscaping or Labouring is a must, preferably in a similar industry.
The below tickets/qualifications are highly regarded:
- Certificate in Horticulture
- Chainsaw ticket
- Forklift ticket
- Skid Steer
The successful applicant will have a positive 'can do' attitude and be able to carry out work with minimal supervision. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a work life balance in an enviable location, whilst progressing your career.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid open drivers licence
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- The ability to travel to and from Fraser Island on a daily basis
This role is a live-off island role, with free transfers to and from the island on the barge.
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands.
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 285 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,840 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 118 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.