Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of a professional, Trade Qualified Plumber and Gas Fitter, to join our diverse Resort Maintenance Team… do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in your studied field of plumbing
- Demonstrated gas fitting experience and knowledge
- Proven ability to work across multiple outlets and areas throughout the business
- Ability to work autonomously, or collectively in a team
- Ability to travel to and from the island for work, with the ability to stay overnight on island when required (accommodation and meals provided)
- Ability to work closely with the Resort General Manager and Maintenance Management team to coordinate preventative and repair maintenance throughout the resort complex
- Strong working relationships with contractors
- Maintain correct par levels of critical spare equipment and general supplies
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to take direction, and/or lead by example
- Proactive approach to workplace health and safety
- Knowledge of current building laws
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Plumbing Licence
- A valid Gas Fitting Licence
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to travel to and from the island daily for work, with occasional overnight stays required for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work across multiple outlets / businesses
- The ability to be on call in emergency situations
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.