Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations. SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 206 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,900 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 117 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
RiverCity Ferries is an iconic part of Brisbane, and we have recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Councils Ferry fleet, and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
- Proven strong customer service skills
- Communication – written and verbal
- People management skills
- Computer data entry skills
- Till operation and cash reconciliation skills
- Organisation and planning skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Achievement and results driven
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Tourism industry knowledge – Desirable
- Very well presented
- Willingness to learn other aspects of the business
About the Role
This position is to provide exemplary customer service and manage ticket sales ensuring compliance with all ticketing and cash handling policies and procedures. Successful applicants will also be trained in deckhand responsibilities.
The Deckhand is responsible to the Vessel Master to assist in the safe operations and maintenance of vessels, the securing of the vessel when berthing, ensuring that the gangplanks are properly placed, and assisting the Master to keep lookout when under way and as directed by the Master.
Skills and Qualifications
Ideally you will:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be responsive to customer needs, safety and welfare.
- Have knowledge of ticketing system policies, products, and procedures
- Follow company policies, procedures and directions to perform duties safely and efficiently.
- Be prepared to work shift work, weekends and public holidays.
- Understand and commit to Work Health and Safety (WH&S).
- Possess a current Certificate in Elements of Shipboard Safety. (Desirable)
- Preferably have training in crowd management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Wednesday 10th March 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people