Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team as a Housekeeping Attendant at Eurong Beach Resort!
Moving to Fraser Island…
We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Accommodation, located within the grounds of the Resort, and sharing the accommodation facilities with approximately 50 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily for team members
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the staff and backpackers pool
Key Role Requirements
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Ability to take direction, take on multiple tasks at once, and follow standard daily job boards and lists
- Ability to work autonomously or in teams – proven ability to work unsupervised
- Meticulous attention to detail – looking further than the obvious
- Ability to demonstrate initiative at work
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated no more than 6 months) or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid manual licence – not essential but will be highly regarded
- Great time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in resort / hotel / motel cleans
- Proven experience in a resort / hotel / motel housekeeping environment
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 28 October 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink - Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.