Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Tasmania (Bruny Island) - part of the SeaLink Travel Group, is searching for an experienced Marine Manager with a preferred trade background and broad skill-base, who can positively contribute to the culture of the team as well as keeping the fleet in a safe, compliant and pristine condition.
Hold Marine Qualifications - Master less than 35m and/or MED2?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 109 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Tasmania operates a fleet of four vessels supporting residents on Bruny Island with daily access to transport as well as providing the connection to experience the ultimate wilderness destination of Bruny Island for local Tasmanians and tourists.
About the Job
The Marine Manager for SeaLink Bruny Island is responsible for the operational efficiency and effectiveness of daily operations, maintenance, safety, and reliability. The Marine Manager will manage all aspects of our marine engineering operations to streamline processes, identify improvements, increase knowledge and competency of our operational team, implementing and managing a preventative maintenance plan to minimise breakdowns maintaining a strong focus on compliance with safety legislation requirements.
You will also need to be able to conduct routine planned maintenance, attend to breakdown maintenance, oversee contractors, support on-board Masters, Engineers and crew when required and attend to an array of ad-hoc duties.
This position will report directly to the General Manager and as the business is a 7-day operation, the position is required to be on call (in lieu of management) for both planned and unplanned purposes.
- Safety conscious
- Possess a positive attitude, is dedicated, reliable, motivated and proactive
- Seeks approval from appropriate authorities
- Involves manager in decision making
- Professional across all levels of the business
- Builds positive internal and external relationships
- Willingness to work outside of business hours to meet deadlines in peak periods
- Marine qualifications in Deck and/or Engineering (Master less than 35m and/or MED2 preferred)
- Work within confined spaces ticket preferred (or ability to gain)
- Senior First Aid/Advanced Resuscitation
- Open Drivers Licence
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- 5 years' experience in tourism and transport industry
- Demonstrated people management experience in a leading role
- Advanced knowledge of commercial vessel capabilities and crewing requirements
- Knowledge of maritime legislation, AMSA requirements and USL code
- Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety obligations particularly relevant to the marine/transport industry
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer knowledge, proficiency with fleet management software would be an advantage
- Experienced in servicing, periodical inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs to commercial vessels
- The ability to be proactive and work in a dynamic team environment is crucial to the success of this role.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close Friday 4 December 2020 at 5pm.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.