Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
SeaLink Travel Group is looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Have a background in developing organisation reporting solutions?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
SeaLink moves more than 280 million customers per year, has over 8,600 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 109 ferries.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a publicly listed leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider.
About The Role
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for identifying organisational reporting requirements, designing and implementing reporting solutions to meet and exceed the expectations of business users. The role will also require you to develop an understanding of our key data sources, and to configure systems to build capabilities which allow for rapid reporting and analytics.
This will include:
- Consulting with a wide array of business users to understand reporting requirements
- Investigating and understanding key data sources, Working with vendors and internal teams to achieve data access
- Configuring reporting solutions, including use of Incorta and other data tools
- Developing reports and achieving reporting efficiencies
- Coaching business users to leverage the solutions that have been developed
- Contributing to complex analytical projects including logic development, coding and leveraging third party machine learning platforms
Development of Analytical Solutions
- Connecting and configuring new data sources to SeaLink’s chosen data tools
- Developing unified data models to consolidate data from disparate systems
Supporting BI users and consumers
- Developing reports for business users
- Coaching business users to enable greater self-service reporting
Contributing to problem solving and advanced analytics
- Collaborating with other team members to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Helping to implement solutions by configuring tools, developing code and utilising third party platforms
We are looking for an experienced individual with excellent project management, planning and organisational abilities, with preferred experience in delivering analytical technology solutions within the Travel and Tourism industry.
The successful applicant must possess the following characteristics and experience:
- Strong customer service approach
- Exceptional analytical solution skills
- Effective communicator
- Extensive project management skills and experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with your stakeholders
- Previous experience implementing Business Intelligence Solutions
- Ability to consult with, learn from and influence both business users and third-party vendors
- Creative problem solver
- Be proficient in Data manipulation using SQL, Python and other tools
- Be experienced with data modelling & architecture
- Ability to use Machine Learning platforms from AWS, Azure or Google
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5:00pm Friday 27 November 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.