Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Have a background in repairs and maintenance?
Experienced with the use of power and hand tools?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 109 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
An opportunity has arisen for a Live On experienced Resort Handyman to join our team at Kingfisher Bay Resort and Eurong Beach Resort on Fraser Island.
A few essentials about you…
- Self motivated
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Results driven
- High level of general maintenance skill
- Ability to safely work with hand and power tools
- Able to work autonomously;
- Enthusiastic and positive work ethic;
- Ability to prioritise tasks;
- Flexible, honest and reliable;
A few simple role requirements…
- Preferred trade skill base
- Diverse maintenance experience would be favoured
- Experienced handy person and jack of all trades
- Drivers license is essential
- Qualified tradespeople would be an advantage.
- National Police check – on request
- Background in repairs and maintenance
- Experience with a wide range of power and hand tool use
- Excellent organizational skills - Essential
- Operate heavy machinery
About the role
To work with, or as directed by, the Maintenance Manager to address repairs and maintenance issues at Kingfisher Bay Resort and Eurong Beach Resort properties. The role requires unsupervised work, utilization of power tools and hand tools, multi-tasking skills and a high level of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare awareness and application.
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm Wednesday 18 November 2020.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter at this stage explaining why your are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.