Marine Training and Compliance Coordinator Gladstone, QLD
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team for their Gladstone Operations servicing their Oil and Gas Clients.
It is a permanent Training & Compliance Coordinator Position.
Do you have a background in the vessel transport & tourism industry?
Do you hold a Vessel Master Class IV and MED qualifications or higher?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 109 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
You have Essential Skills as;
- Qualification of Master IV or higher
- Qualification of Marine Engineer
- Certificate IV Workplace Health & Safety or higher
- Diploma of Business (Quality Auditing) or similar
- Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment or higher
- Certificate Risk Management or similar
You have Personal Specification as;
- Strong commitment to health, safety, environment, and heritage
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement, ongoing learning, and application of skills
- High level of technical, analytical, and organization skills accompanied by strong oral and written communication
- Budget and cost management
- Demonstrated ability and certification to carry out QA and QC inspections
- Co-ordinate field inspections, tests and provide reporting of same
- Ability to identify project site risks
- Recognize and maintain confidential information
- Provide training and informative presentations to broad audiences
- Excellent organization and document management skills
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- AMSA Medical Certificate - Essential
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- CPR - Essential
- Trade Certificate – Desirable
- Confined Space - Desirable
- Working Safely at Heights - Desirable
About the role
This position will be an integral part of the SeaLink Travel Group Marine Team. The primary function is to facilitate and oversee compliance of the contractual audit, inspection, and reporting requirements of the company. This will include continuous improvement of training & induction processes for vessel crew, monitor & assessment of internal staff competency standards, and compliance against company requirements.
This position will be day work job from Monday to Friday. However, it may be required to work occasionally outside of normal hours. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel operations and its legislative requirements is essential to this role. You would work in close conjunction with the General Manager and Operations Manager.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close: Friday, 27 November 2020
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.