Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team at Eurong Beach Resort on Fraser Island!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Are you a professional Trade Qualified Chef at Commi, Demi or Chef de Partie level?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
A few essentials about you...
- You will be part of a team ensuring that the kitchen operations run effectively and will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality dishes that are in line with the hotels standard.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Ability to take direction
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Follow correct safe handling techniques to transport and store food items
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
A few simple role requirements...
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery) - preferably in a hotel / resort environment
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- A valid Police Clearance, or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to work
- The ability to relocate to Fraser Island for work & live on site
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
This is a live on/ live off role, we provide you with free of charge travel to and from the island daily on the barge.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 5 March 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.