Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Make the tropical North your office
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
SeaLink Queensland operates out of Townsville, North Queensland and is proudly Australian owned and operated. With 4 vessels and over 70 staff SeaLink QLD is one of the most significant transport and tour operators in the region, operating daily 18 daily services to beautiful Magnetic Island and 5 services a week to Palm Island.
About the Role
The Cruise Attendant/ Deckhand role requires a high level of interaction with customers. As the face of the company, this role is responsible for assisting with vessel operations while providing customer service to the passengers on board. This is a hands-on position, assisting passengers with luggage, selling ferry tickets, fulfilling deckhand, and cleaning duties.
To ensure safe and efficient vessel operations, clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in this role.
- Deck duties, including rope work, moving and securing gangways, ramps, and trolleys.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage.
- Bar work, including sales, stock control, and reconciliation.
- Perform cleaning duties including public areas, toilets, and decks.
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety.
- Boat handling - use of vessel tender boats
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds and provide assistance
- Have attention to detail with regard to cleaning task and paperwork
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Elements of Ship Board Safety qualification
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry
How to register your interest
Click INTERESTED and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.