Seeking Expressions of Interest
Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Hold a current drivers license?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 285 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,840 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 118 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- “Can do” attitude
- Systematic reasoning
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- General maintenance / laborer abilities
- Maintain a fitness level to support manual handling of vessels ropes and stores
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Drivers Licence - Essential
- Senior 1st Aid – Desirable
- Fork Lift Licence – Desirable
- Past Trade experience - Desirable
- Experience in providing Customer Service – Desirable
- Previous experience in stock control processes – Desirable
About the role
The General Hands primary functions are;
- The safe mooring and securing of the vessel, as directed by the crew.
- Assuring safety of passengers boarding and disembarking the vessel, entering or leaving the passenger terminal including electric wheel chair assistance to and from the vessel.
- Assisting Ferry Crews, Operational staff and Check in staff to facilitate the smooth operation of the check in process and transfer of vessel stores, passengers and vehicles to and from ferries.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the passenger terminal and wharf area
The General Hand will be required to work as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times. Interpersonal and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
The General Hand will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics. This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, self-motivation, responsibility and teamwork.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close Friday 26 February 2021 at 5pm.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.