SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Have an attention to detail with regard to cleaning and maintenance duties
- Make the guest experience on board a number one priority
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required and available to work up to 15 days on board
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there is operational needs
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members (of the same gender)
- Be well presented at all times
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of Ship Board Safety qualification
- Coxswain qualification
- Senior First Aid Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Food Safety Certificate and/or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate will be of benefit
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Experience in the tourism industry
- Experience in waiting, housekeeping or kitchen duties will be of benefit which may lead to additional shifts.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
The Deck Hand is an integral part of safe operations of the Murray princess. The Deck Hand's primary function is the provision of customer service and duties relevant to the vessels operations including but not limited to, moorings and departures, going through locks or docking, performing general cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the vessel including decks, breezeways, toilets, lounges, and storage and engine spaces as required by the First Officer. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and requires a strong knowledge of emergency procedures. Deckhands may be called on at short notice to replace a crew member in any other department.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Act as a Deck Hand within the vessels operational requirements.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe and secure operations and navigation of the P.S Murray Princess as directed by the First Officer/ Captain.
- Assist with the safe, efficient and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage to their cabin or various forms of transport
- Assist with the maintenance of Life Saving Equipment, Fire Fighting Equipment and general ships maintenance as required.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of passenger areas
- Assist in mooring, departures and securing the vessel, including handling ropes, capstans and gangways
- Perform general ship’s cleaning duties including public areas, decks, storage and engine spaces as required and directed by the First Officer
- Perform scheduled and general ship’s maintenance duties including painting as required and directed by the First Officer
- Perform general duties including loading and unloading of linen and stores, waste removal and assist other departments as required and directed by the First Officer
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety including participation in on-board entertainment activities
- Boat handling - use of vessel tender boats
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are not requesting your resume at this stage, we would just like a cover letter explaining why your are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 11 November 2019.