Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
We are currently seeking experienced Casual Deckhands to join our operations in South East Queensland, Cleveland and Southern Morten Bay Islands.
- Ensure safe and secure operations at all times
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times.
- Be available at short notice to work when there is operational needs require
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Current Certificate in Elements of Shipboard Safety Essential
- Current Senior First Aid - Essential
- Driver’s License - Essential
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
About the role
This casual position in our team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service. This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic and who has the flexibility.
The Deckhand will be responsible for:
- Operations of the vessel, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Displaying a pleasant and helpful manner with all customers and team members
- Initiating action to prevent unsafe incidents, identifies and notifies Master/Operations of safety problems
This position requires a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective customer service, written and verbal communication skills energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork and multi-skilling
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close by 6th November 2020.
We are requesting a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position and which area (location) of the business you prefer to work for.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.