Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
Captain Cook Cruises WA is searching for a motivated and experienced Cook / All Rounder to join their crew.
Have a background in the tourism/ hospitality industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Captain Cook Cruises WA have been cruising the waterways of Perth since 1980. SeaLink/Captain Cook Cruises WA operate a fleet of vessels cruising into the Swan Valley, Perth to Fremantle & out to Rottnest Island.
- Proven strong guest/ customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven reporting and accountability skills
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Attention to detail in preparation & food presentation
These key requirements will be complimented by qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of 1 year hotel, restaurant or cruise ship experience - Essential
- Certificate Qualification in Hospitality – Desirable
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast paced team - Essential
- Guest service experience – Essential
- Experience in food provision services – Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism and or Hospitality Industry - Desirable
About the role
Working with the guidance of a senior chef, provide exceptional guest experiences. Ensure that all food preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are carried out according to established recipes and departmental policies and procedures. Maintain strict hygiene and safety procedures.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 23rd October 2020.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.