- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Make the Northern Territory your office
- Permanent full-time position
With 4 vessels and over 35 staff SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour company, operating ferry services to Mandorah, the Tiwi Islands, and the Groote Eylandt region. SeaLink NT also operates a range of tourism and charter services.
SeaLink NT is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated person who is passionate about tourism to join our busy team to help drive results in local sales & marketing and product development.
Do you have marketing experience in a tourism-related field?
Are you interested in developing new tourism experiences in the Top End?
We encourage you to apply!
- Able to perform under pressure
- Organizational and planning skills
- Passion for sales and marketing
- Exceptional multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to clients and stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and 'Can Do' attitude
- Experience in tourism marketing, preferably in NT tourism
- Knowledge of reservations systems
- Demonstrated social media skills
- Confidence to obtain new business
- Current drivers license
About the role
This is a varied role and we can say you’ll never be bored! You’ll be supporting the team with sales & marketing responsibilities primarily in the local markets as well as working on new packages, tours, and other services for the tourism market. You’ll be developing relationships with local agents and corporates to grow sales on tours and increase charters.
- Contribution to the development of marketing plans
- Coordination of marketing activity including point of sale materials, brochures, print ads, signage, etc
- Event management - Promotions, Corporate Hospitality
- Attendance at trade events
- Manage sponsorship
- Implement and co-ordinate local marketing strategies
- Digital marketing including coordination of regular EDM's, social media and various online marketing initiatives
- Managing website content
- Local trade and corporate sales calls.
- Support the team with reservations as required
If you work well with a small team and can bring a high level of enthusiasm and vibrancy to the role then we’d like to hear from you. We are looking for a successful candidate to commence as soon as possible
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Valid drivers license
- The ability to work/travel outside regular business hours
- Proven experience in a similar role in tourism is preferred.
All applications must be submitted via the link with a resume and a cover letter outlining suitability for the position.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have an appropriate work visa and must not have any restrictions on their entitlement to work.
About SeaLink Travel Group
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close: Friday, 30 October 2020
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.