Do you have a background in the tourism/transport industry?
Do you hold an ESS certificate?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to register your interest!
About the Role
SeaLink NT welcomes applications for a Casual Deckhand & Cruise Attendant position with our ferry operation from Groote Eylandt.
The successful candidate will be based on Groote Eylandt. You will be joining a small and committed team that aims to provide a safe and reliable transport link for the local indigenous community. The ordinary working hours will be Monday to Friday.
The Deckhand role requires a high level of interaction with customers. As the face of the company, this role is responsible for assisting with vessel operations while providing customer service to the passengers on board. This is a hands-on position, assisting passengers, fulfilling deckhand, and cleaning duties.
To ensure safe and efficient vessel operations, clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in this role.
Working in close conjunction with the Vessel Master, duties will include:
- Deck duties, including rope work.
- Ticket sales.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage.
- Perform cleaning duties.
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety.
Note: No accommodation will be provided and Groote Eylandt's local applicants preferred.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- You are safety-minded and able to follow company instructions
- Be well presented at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- You hold or are willing to obtain an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate
- You hold or are willing to obtain Advanced First Aid and Resuscitation qualifications
- Proven track record of customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 22nd October 2021
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.