Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and development opportunities provided
SeaLink/Captain Cook Cruises WA is looking for bright and energetic individuals with proven customer service and sales experience to join our Reservations Team.
Have a background in tourism and hospitality?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier river cruise company with a fleet of seven vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry. Located within the Elizabeth Quay precinct, we offer a wide range of cruise options from Perth to our port city of Fremantle, or upstream towards the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
Our two SeaLink Rottnest island ferries, Quokka1 and Quokka2, operate daily from both Barrack Street Jetty, as well as from B-Shed, Fremantle. We pride ourselves on friendly service.
About the Role:
The casual position of Reservations Officer will report to the Reservations and Sales Manager, and is responsible for ensuring that the reservations process is accurate, customer friendly and achieving sales targets, within a team environment.
In this position, you will be responsible for;
• Maximising ferry, cruise, and tour sales opportunities via face to
face, phone and email contact with our customers, including travel
• Providing excellent customer service at all times
• Up-selling additional products and upgrades where possible
• Assisting customers with local WA tourist information
• Assisting other departments with tasks where required
• Proven strong customer service skills, with the ability to engage in
positive conversations delivering efficient and friendly service
• Ability to work competently in a fast-paced environment
• Well presented and professional appearance
• Enthusiastic and out-going personality
• Team player
• Achievement and results driven
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Have an understanding of local WA tourism and landmarks
• Fluency in a second language and/or previous experience in the
tourism industry will be highly regarded
This position will require you to work on weekdays as well as on weekends and Public Holidays as we work on a seven-day rotational roster, year-round between the hours of 0630 and 1900. This role requires you to work in both our Barrack Street Jetty location, as well as B-Shed, Fremantle.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close Friday 23 October 2020 at 5pm.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.