Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
SeaLink Travel Group is looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Have a background in developing customer technology solutions?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
SeaLink moves more than 280 million customers per year, has over 8,600 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 80 ferries.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a publicly listed leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider.
About The Role
The Technical Products Manager is a senior leadership role within the Information Technology team reporting to the Group Chief Information Officer. The role will lead the overall strategy to build technology solutions that allow us to deliver brilliant customer experiences.
This role is responsible for managing our customer technology solutions and involves working with key stakeholders (internal and external) and technology leads to support the delivery of our customer platforms aligned to business, security, resiliency and compliance objectives.
The customer platforms consist of an internally developed booking platform, over 20 customer websites, an API channel manager and IOS Android customer applications. The role also helps ensure that all our technology solutions are designed and delivered aligned to the organisation's strategic priorities and Key Performance Indicators.
In addition to the above, the role will have responsibility for the following:
- Develop and deliver the strategic technical roadmap and solutions aligned to the business priorities
- Ensure technology solutions take a customer-first approach by working closely with business stakeholders (internal and external) to provide an optimal and accessible user experience
- Assist the Chief Information Officer to develop and grow the capability of the technology team
- Work closely with the technology leads to ensure the development teams' deliverables are aligned to business priorities
- Lead and mentor the Product Support Team
- Identify opportunities to improve the practices and processes to deliver efficiencies across the technology platform
- Agree and deliver on the technology resiliency objectives for our customer platforms
- Identify and manage the compliance, data and information risks for our customer platforms
We are looking for an experienced individual with excellent project management, planning and organisational abilities, with preferred experience in delivering technology solutions within the Travel and Tourism industry.
The successful applicant must possess the following characteristics and experience:
- Strong customer service approach
- Exceptional communication, leadership and influencing skills
- Extensive project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior stakeholders across technical and non-technical teams
- Significant experience in leading the development and delivery of customer technology solutions
- Experience leading and building high performing teams
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5:00pm Wednesday 14 October 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.