Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced People & Culture Consultant to join our team.
This position is based on full time hours of work. The successful applicant will live on Fraser Island or at Hervey Bay.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that prides itself on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
About the role
The People & Culture Consultant will report to the People and Culture Manager, and be part of a team that values integrity and team work.
This role will predominantly support Fraser Island operational team, comprising of approximately 350 team members. They will assist and coordinate the delivery of HR services to our various areas such as Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island Barges & Fraser Explorer Tours.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support all HR activities including recruitment, performance management and employee engagement to ensure compliance and best practice in line with policy & procedures and industry guidelines throughout the employee life-cycle
- Develop contracts of employment and advice (Agreement, Award Based and Award Free)
- Assist with the negotiation and implementation of Enterprise Agreements
- Ability and passion to establish positive and productive ongoing working relationships built on trust and respect
- Proactively build professional partnerships with the department leaders to provide HR support
- Co-ordinate and schedule HR events such as training programs, Employee Recognition programs, project activities, workshops and meetings
- Assistance with the development and implementation of projects
To be successful in this role you will:
- Proven experience as a HR generalist with good judgement, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style, preferably within a tourism and hospitality environment, with 2-3 years minimum generalist experience
- Knowledge of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Experience conducting workplace investigations (Experience with EMS software will be well regarded)
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Proven ability to evaluate conflict situations and implement conciliatory procedures as needed
- Demonstrate attention to detail, time management and leadership skills
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management or relevant field (highly desirable)
- Have the ability to travel to Fraser Island.
Key to your success in this role, you will thrive in a fast paced and diverse environment. You will have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Applications will close 5pm on Friday 5 March 2021.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.