Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team for their Gladstone Operations servicing their Oil and Gas Clients.
It is a permanent full-time Marine Engineer Position.
Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold a Marine Engineering Class 3 Near Coastal qualification or higher?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to register your interest!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
You have ;
- A qualification of Marine Engineering Class 3 Near Coastal
- A qualification to work in the engine room of a vessel up to 80 meters long with propulsion power up to 1800 kilowatts
- Experience with MPM and MEX maintenance systems
- Ability to follow instructions
- Problem-solving skill
- Computer literacy
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Customer service skill
- Flexibility and reliability
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal & relationship-building skill
These key requirements will be appreciated with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Class 3 Marine Engineering Certificate of Competency - Essential
- AMSA Medical Certificate - Essential
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- CPR - Essential
- Trade Certificate – Desirable
- Confined Space - Desirable
- Working Safely at Heights - Desirable
About the role
This position will be an integral part of the Sealink Travel Group barge team. The Engineers’ primary function is to assist with the safe and secure operations of Company vessels. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
This position requires interpersonal and organizational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role.
Other duties include:
- Operate SeaLink’s vessel machinery in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Observe all SeaLink’s objectives, standards and procedures with the highest regard for safety regulations and the Safety Management Systems.
- Undertake a key role in vessel emergency and evacuation procedures as defined for each individual vessel’s Safety Management System.
- Draft up & submit any handover notes on DataWeb for perusal by other off duty Ship’s Engineers.
- Keeps the Master informed of any mechanical issues or otherwise that may affect the safe operation of the vessel.
- Pass on any machinery issues or otherwise that may affect the safe operation of the vessel to oncoming relief crew.
- To ensure the vessel machinery spaces & all other voids etc. are maintained to a high level of standard at all times.
- In consultation with the Master, management & crew, arrange for preventative maintenance (rust prevention & painting etc.) to be carried out & completed as practicable to preserve the vessel from the corrosive elements of the environment.
- Delegate tasks to be completed & signed off as per the onboard MPM system in place.
- Ensures all relevant risk assessments & documentation is completed & submitted prior to carrying out any tasks that may be considered to have any obvious associated risks or hazards present.
- Assists with all other key operations and any other reasonable duties as required by the Master.
- Ensure all sub-contractors engaged to carry out maintenance or repairs on-board the vessel, complete a Risk Assessment, JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and complete the site-specific contractor induction checklist (on DataWeb) prior to commencing any work or task.
- Able to carry out deckhand duties as required.
You will be required to work outside of normal hours and be flexible with shift times. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You would work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Operations Scheduler.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close: Friday, 23 October 2020
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.