About the Company
Transit Systems is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 285 million customer journeys per year. With operations throughout Australia, in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, London and Singapore, Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company, and together, the combined group employs more than 8900 people, maintains and operates 3500 buses and 117 vessels and provides more than 206 million customer journeys each year. For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
About the Role
Responsible to the Workshop Manager or Supervisor for the repairs and body maintenance of the bus fleet.
- Carrying out inspections on bodywork and frames of vehicles to assess extent of damage
- Provide maintenance, preparation, replacement and repairs to all vehicle body
- components panels, frames, and door systems.
- Repairing scratches, dents and other damage to bodywork and replacing any parts that cannot be repaired
- Reassembling vehicle body parts and accessories
- Manufacture, service and fit vehicle, components constructed from such materials as aluminium, steel, stainless steel, glass, fibreglass, sealing and bonding materials.
- Provide all body, structural, accident damage and associated repairs, service and maintenance to vehicles as required.
The successful applicant will operate a range of equipment and tools in order to undertake vehicle maintenance such as, mig, tig, oxy acetylene welding, lifting and materials handling materials manufacturing sheet metal folders/guillotines, hydraulic pullers, various hand tools and the like.
Skills and experience
- Relevant Trade Certificate;
- Be self-motivated; and
- Possession of current MR Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (desirable) OR ability to obtain the licence.
Please attach an up to date resume and cover letter, and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to the questions
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume explaining why you are the best person for this position. Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.