Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Have a background in the tourism industry?
Experience in the transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and make quick and practical decisions
- Basic computer literacy, particularly e-mail
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with vendors and staff
- Ability to recognise and accept change
- Sound knowledge of KI townships & SeaLink sold accommodation locations
- Adequate fitness level to handle loading and unloading of Australia Post mail and freight
- Heavy vehicle driving license minimum LR (preferred MR) and Driver Accreditation is essential (LP & SP)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous tour driving experience - Desirable
- Previous heavy vehicle driving experience - Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism, Transport or Hospitality Industries - Highly desirable
About the role
The primary function of an Island Based Shuttle Driver is to provide safe, efficient, comfortable and friendly transport services to all passengers.
The position requires you to meet and exceed key performance indicators whilst displaying exemplary work ethics and professionalism at all times. Superior verbal communication skills will be required.
To ensure success this role requires commitment, initiative, problem solving, teamwork, flexibility, adaptability, and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Application close by 5pm on Thursday 20 February 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.