Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Hold a Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 and Master 5 Certification?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
About the role
This position will be an integral part of the SeaLink Travel Group ferries team. The Second Engineers’ primary function is to assist with the safe and secure operations of Company vessels in compliance with the MEX maintenance systems and repair of equipment under Chief Engineer’s direction. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
This position requires the flexibility to work casually based on a 7 day on roster and may be required to work outside of these hours on occasions during periods of annual slippings and maintenance requirements.
A sound knowledge of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will be working in close conjunction with the Chief Engineer.
The Second Engineer will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
- Ability to be adaptable and follow instructions
- Problem solving and engineering diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Systematic reasoning
- Achievement and results driven
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 – Essential
- Confined Space - Essential
- Drivers Licence – Essential
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- Master 5 Certificate of Competency – Essential
- Sound knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems - Essential
- Practical experience in shipbuilding and repair - Essential
- Experience in the Marine Industry - Essential
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Heavy Rigid and Forklift licence – Desirable
- Elevated work platform licence - Desirable
- Trade Certificate – Desirable
- Dogman and / or rigger license – Desirable
- 2 years customer service experience - Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism Industry – Desirable
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors – Desirable
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 27 October 2020 at 5pm.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.