Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
SeaLink is looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team for their Hayman Island transport operations.
Hold an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate of Competency or equivalent?
Hold a recreational boat license?
Have a background in 5-star guest transfers?
Available for an immediate start?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
- Communication – written and verbal
- Organization and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Flexibility and reliability
- Customer service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Proven reporting and accountability
- Tourism Industry
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of shipboard safety or equivalent - Essential
- Senior First Aid and CPR – Essential
- Recreational Boat Licence - Essential
- Driver’s license – Essential
- Confined Space – Desirable
- Working Safely at Heights - Desirable
About the role
- Responsible for assisting the vessel Master and Engineer to ensure the vessel is operated safely and efficiently and is presented to its best possible standard whilst maintaining the highest level of client comfort.
- Assist Master in the safe navigation of the vessel in adverse conditions.
- Assist in Bridge Management and look-out duties as prescribed by the Master to ensure safe navigation.
- Undertake a key role in vessel emergency and evacuation procedures as defined for each individual vessel’s Safety Management System.
- Inspect safety equipment and report any deficiencies to the Master.
- Participate in safety drills and demonstrates to meet legislative requirements.
- Manage the deck activities of the vessel during preparation for departure and mooring at the end of the shift.
- Assist the Master in the safe embarkation/disembarkation of all personnel and clients.
- Maintain /requisition mooring lines as required.
- Assist the Master in the maintenance of the decks and exterior of the vessel.
- Assist the Master as required.
- Assist the Engineer as required.
- Assist with cleaning of the entire vessel before, during, and at the completion of each shift.
- A ‘Safety First’ approach to all tasks.
- Ability to get the job done, on time, accurately, and in a consistent manner.
- Ability to develop ideas, use initiative, and work without guidance.
- Ability to apply analytical and decision-making skills to solve problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work attitude.
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- A genuine demonstrated interest in developing a career with SeaLink.
- An absolute commitment to service excellence and continual learning.
You may be required to work outside of normal hours and be flexible with shift times. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Operations Scheduler.
This is a key role within the organization and requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
This is a residential role in Hayman Island. The accommodation will be provided.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.