Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Hold an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate of Competency or equivalent?
Hold a recreational boat license?
Have a background in 5-star guest transfers?
Available for an immediate start?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
Responsible for assisting the vessel Master and Engineer to ensure the vessel is operated safely and efficiently and is presented to its best possible standard whilst maintaining the highest level of client comfort.
You may be required to work outside of normal hours and be flexible with shift times. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Operations Scheduler.
This is a key role within the organization and requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
This is a residential role in Hayman Island. The accommodation will be provided.
- Assist Master in the safe navigation of the vessel in adverse conditions.
- Assist in Bridge Management and look-out duties as prescribed by the Master to ensure safe navigation.
- Undertake a key role in vessel emergency and evacuation procedures as defined for each individual vessel’s Safety Management System.
- Inspect safety equipment and report any deficiencies to the Master.
- Participate in safety drills and demonstrates to meet legislative requirements.
- Manage the deck activities of the vessel during preparation for departure and mooring at the end of the shift.
- Assist the Master in the safe embarkation/disembarkation of all personnel and clients.
- Maintain /requisition mooring lines as required.
- Assist the Master in the maintenance of the decks and exterior of the vessel.
- Assist the Master and Engineer as required.
- Assist with cleaning of the entire vessel before, during, and at the completion of each shift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Flexibility and reliability
- Customer service focus
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- An absolute commitment to service excellence and continual learning.
- A genuine demonstrated interest in developing a career with SeaLink.
- Excellent work attitude.
- Ability to develop ideas, use initiative, and work without guidance.
- Ability to apply analytical and decision-making skills to solve problems.
- Ability to get the job done, on time, accurately, and in a consistent manner.
- A ‘Safety First’ approach to all tasks.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Organization and planning skills
- Proven reporting and accountability
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Elements of shipboard safety or equivalent
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Recreational Boat Licence
- Driver’s Licence
- Confined Space
- Working Safely at Heights
- Tourism Industry Experience
How to register your Interest
Click INTERESTED and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.