Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
SeaLink is looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team for Hayman Island transport operations.
Hold a Master 5 Certificate of Competency?
Hod a MED 3 Certificate of Competency?
Have a background in 5 Star guest transfers?
Available for an immediate start?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 109 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Communication – written and verbal
- Organization and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Outstanding Vessel handling skills
- Flexibility and reliability
- Customer service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Proven reporting and accountability
- Transport industry – Desirable
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master 5 Certificate of Competency - Essential
- MED 3 or higher - Essential
- Senior First Aid and CPR – Essential
- Marine Radio Operator - Essential
- Confined Space – Desirable
- Working Safely at Heights - Desirable
About the Role
The Master will be responsible for the daily efficient operation of the vessel whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability, and staff customer service at all times. The primary function of this role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of Company vessels. This position requires working as the leader of a team, a high standard of interpersonal and organizational skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills as well as proven safe ship handling and management skills.
The Master must ensure the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant local and international laws and company policies and is responsible for the implementation and verification of the Safety Management System onboard.
Other duties include:
- Each Master has complete authority and responsibility for taking all necessary actions for safety, pollution prevention, and the efficient operation of the vessel to which he/she is assigned.
- In all matters which affect or may affect the safety or the environment, the Master shall report directly to the Operations Manager or DPA.
- Implementing the safety and environmental policy of the company, motivating the crew in the execution of that policy, issuing orders clearly and concisely, and reviewing safety and pollution prevention activities.
- Reporting defects to the company and other matters with implications for safe operation or pollution risk
- Appraising and coordinating onboard training requirements of all staff as per SeaLink’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Assigning roles to Engineers/Mates and Deckhands for the company SMS and SeaLink’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring the company SMS is complied with and kept up to date
- Reviewing onboard contingency plans and vessel procedures and reporting any deficiencies to the Operation Manager or Area Manager.
- Reporting non-conformities, accidents involving personnel or plant, and hazardous situations to the Operations Manager or Area Manager. Ensure correct Paperwork is completed in accepted time frames.
- Ensuring that all documentation that is designated as controlled is up to date and issued as per company procedures
- Ensuring all records relevant to the SMS, and as defined in procedures, are available
- Ensuring the vessel and crew’s certificates are up to date
- Stability and related calculations regarding the safe operation of the vessel
- Directly responsible for the passengers' comfort and satisfaction under SeaLink’s policy and guidelines.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the crew to ensure the safe operations of all vessels. Meeting to be documented as per company policy.
- Conduct Daily prestart meetings with the crew and document the same.
- Conduct safety drills as per SeaLink’s Safety Management System.
You may be required to work outside of normal hours and be flexible with shift times. May be required for deckhand work as well. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Operations Scheduler.
This is a key role within the organization and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
This is a residential role in Hayman Island.
The accommodation will be provided.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close: Sunday, 6 December 2020
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.