Join an award winning Tourism and Transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
All meals and accommodation when rostered on duty are provided
Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the Tourism and Transport industry?
Hold a MED Grade 2?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 109 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the role
This position with our crew creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning Tourism and Transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
This position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic and who has the flexibility and ability to live and work aboard the vessel for the duration of the Full Time or Part Time roster cycle as required for the position.
Reporting to the Captain, the Engineer is an integral position in the safe operation of the Murray Princess. The Engineers' primary function is to ensure the technical aspect of the vessel is maintained in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work practices and the MEX maintenance and monitoring system under the direction of the Senior Master/ Master.
The Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight and maintenance of all main and auxiliary machinery, including air conditioning, refrigeration and low voltage electrical, plus the servicing and maintenance of firefighting equipment, the engine room and the cleanliness of machinery spaces.
The Engineer works in close conjunction with the 1st Officer in the day-to-day maintenance requirements, the Captain in ensuring all technical requirements are met and the Marine Maintenance Manager for ensuring services, supplies and work requirements are met.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there are operational needs
- Be well presented at all times
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational and planning skills
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 (Essential)
- Confined Space (Essential)
- Driver’s Licence (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Skilled in fault finding and problem solving in a Marine Engineering environment - (Essential)
- Practical experience in shipbuilding and repair (Essential)
- Working at Heights - (Desirable)
- Elevated Work Platform Licence (Desirable)
- Trade Certificate (Desirable)
A sound working knowledge of the following:
- Fitting and Turning, Welding (oxy-arc-mig), Boiler Making, AC & DC Electrics (Desirable)
- Transmission and Braking Systems (Desirable)
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems (Desirable)
- Sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of SA Work Health & Safety Requirements
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close Tuesday 1 December 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.