SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the hospitality industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1100 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Can afford to work in a casual role with minimum of 20 hours per week
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required and available to work up to 15 days on board
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there is operational needs
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members (of the same gender)
- Be well presented at all times
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Experience in hospitality or tourism
- Trade Certificate would be an advantage
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Food Safety Certificate and/or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate will be of benefit
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
This position in our hospitality team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic and who has the flexibility and ability to live and work aboard the vessel for the duration of the rostered shifts.
In this challenging role, you will be responsible for maintaining an engaging presence with all customers and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional cruising experience. Your duties will be in the dining room, galley and cabins and will include:
- Daily cleaning of passenger cabins including bed making, changing of linen, cleaning bathrooms
- General cleaning duties in dining room and other public areas
- Assisting in the galley with meal service and cleaning duties
- Dining service including drink, tray and table service
- Assisting with preparation and display of buffets and meal service
- Assisting with guest boarding
- Participation in crew shows for guest entertainment
As this is a split role there will be a requirement to perform duties as a galley hand as per the roster rotation, including washing dishes and general cleaning duties.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close 5pm Friday 8th June 2018.