Work in an award-winning company
Great working environment
Training and Development opportunities provided
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a degree qualified, experienced Accountant to join our team.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you'll be responsible for the preparation of Accounts, Analysis and Monthly Reporting.
The role will cover many areas of Finance and requires someone who can fully understand the business and develop their skills and knowledge to add value.
This role is a full-time position.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Production of timely monthly financial accounts
- Calculating and processing prepayments, revenue and expense accruals and other monthly journals as required
- Performing Balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing Fuel Reconciliations and Usage
- Calculating Fuel Tax Credits
- Reviewing and posting Stocktake data
- Preparation of BAS and FBT
- Completing ABS Surveys
- Performing Revenue and Payroll Analysis
- Performing variance analysis
- Producing monthly commentary
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
To be successful for this role, you will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualification
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills, and broad system exposure
- Work experience in a multi-company Group
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
The following skills are desirable:
- Progression to CPA or CA
- Experience with Government Contracts
It is also a requirement of the role that you understand the following Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) responsibilities:
- Responsible for their own safety and health and for ensuring that they do not adversely affect the safety and health of any other person at the workplace through any act or omission.
- Responsible for complying with HSEQ policy, procedures and rules, wearing and/or using personal protective clothing or equipment, maintaining and caring for protective equipment issued to him/her, reporting injuries and accidents promptly, correcting hazard and reporting those hazards which he/she cannot correct, co-operate with management on matters of safety and health.
- Comply with HSEQ policy, procedures and rules
This is an awesome opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with a well-known Australian brand.
Please attach an up to date resume and cover letter, and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to the questions.
No recruitment agencies please
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.