- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Training and Development opportunities provided
Captain Cook Cruises WA and SeaLink Rottnest Island is searching for a driven and motivated Duty Operations Officer who is looking to step into an exciting permanent career opportunity within our Operations team.
Have a background in the tourism/ hospitality industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink / Captain Cook Cruises operates a fleet of vessels cruising into the Swan Valley, Perth to Fremantle & out to Rottnest Island.
About the Job
The Duty Operations Officer is a fast paced and demanding position within a supportive work environment. Resilience to the pressures and demands that staff and the role will bring is a must. This position will enable you to be part of an expanding business with innovative ideas and great company culture, career progression and flexibility.
We have an office at Barrack Street, Perth as well as at O'Conner Landing in Fremantle. The candidate will need to be able to work at both locations as this role encompasses all our marine operations based on Swan River and at Rottnest Island.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- General administration
- Daily catering numbers
- Daily banking
- Time sheet approvals
- Action general crew/vessel enquiries
- Monitoring crew and numbers for the following day, and organizing for additional crew if required
- Adjusting and uploading rosters
- Jetty support
- Any additional daily tasks
We are looking for a long-term commitment in this role - Permanent Residency preferred.
- Good understanding of staff rostering systems
- Great administrative and advanced computer skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Possess a positive attitude, is dedicated, reliable, motivated and proactive
- Physical fitness is a must
- Safety conscious
- Be discreet and keep confidentiality
- Able to work flexible hours - must be able to work beyond 5:00 pm, on weekends and public holidays
- High school diploma required
- Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30215) preferred
- Previous maritime experience is preferred
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in technology and general office equipment
- The ability to be proactive and work in a dynamic team environment is crucial to the success of this role.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications for this position close 5:00pm Friday 21 February 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.