SeaLink is looking for an experienced Strategic Procurement Manager, responsible for the successful implementation of SeaLink wide strategic procurement initiatives.
Hold a tertiary qualification in procurement services?
Experienced in leading and managing change projects?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, SeaLink has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
About the role
The Manager, Strategic Procurement is to effectively implement a wide range of procurement functions and projects. The role will assist the Group CFO in planning procurement initiatives and identify areas of opportunity with both existing and new suppliers, through buyer behavioural or process improvements and delivering implementation project plans for all new supplier agreements to SeaLink.
This position requires you to promote cost and service improvement through the implementation of change in specification, risk, variety, quantity, supplier base, price, total cost etc. and continual development of process, quality and stakeholder experience.
The role is a permanent full-time position. Some out of hours work may be required. Inter and intrastate and international travel may be required.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills, capable of inspiring others.
- High level organizational and planning skills
- High level of initiative and ability to assess situations and make quick decisions
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with vendors and staff
- Ability to be both creative and innovative yet practical
- Ability to recognize and accept change
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in areas such as procurement, business, commerce and extensive relevant experience;
- Membership of a recognised Procurement organisation would be desired.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer service culture.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and facilitate committees, meetings and workshops to achieve maximum stakeholder engagement.
- Extensive experience in taking a lead role in change and project management and managing a suite of change projects simultaneously.
- Experience at managing change in a complex and large organisation.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Sunday 16 February 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.