SeaLink Travel Group is looking for an experienced
Senior Front End Engineer to join their Information Technology team in Adelaide Head Office.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
As the Senior Front End Engineer, you will report to the Development Manager / Technical Lead to contribute high quality service and expertise to the Information Technology department. You will work collaboratively with your reporting manager and colleagues to apply user experience and user interface design skills to software projects, in order to enhance all aspects of experience design, visual design and software development. The Senior Front End Engineer is essential to creating modern, efficient and innovate user interfaces into our core information technology systems.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who is able to demonstrate:
- Sound understanding of user experience design and visual design skills
- Competency with development within a component based front-end software development framework such as React, Vue.js or Angular.js
- Sound testing skills - Jest, Enzyme and Storybook desirable
- Working with Restful (JSON) based apis
- Working and integrating with legacy JS systems
- Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services) deployment experience
- Excellent planning, communication and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- A strong technical background and minimum 5 years' commercial experience
- Experience with modern front-end practices such as component driven UI design
- Experience in a technology company preferred.
If you are looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic growing company with great people, amazing destinations and brilliant experiences, we look forward to receiving your resume and covering letter.
Applications close Friday 14 February 2020 at 5pm.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.