Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink is looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a HR Manager position, preferably within the tourism industry.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
About the role
The People & Culture Manager will report to the Group Operations Manager of our Fraser Island Operations. They will be part of a team that values integrity and teamwork. This position will work closely with leaders and team members to provide a customer focused, high quality People & Culture consultancy service, focusing on areas such as Industrial Relations, Employee Relations, Recruitment, Case Management and Performance Management. The People & Culture Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant Industrial Instruments, Acts and legislations.
This position is based on full time hours of work, with the ability to work across a 7-day operation. The successful applicant must live on Fraser Island or at Hervey Bay.
This important role will provide support to operational teams, comprising of approximately 350 team members. They will oversee and coordinate the delivery of HR services to our various departments across Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Explorer Tours and Fraser Island Barges. Providing support to the multiple distinct locations, regular travel is a requirement of the successful candidate.
Key to your success in this role, you will demonstrate experience working in a fast paced and diverse environment. You will have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities. Your leadership qualities would also allow you to mentor and coach senior leaders in HR practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Human Resource related discipline (essential)
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Business-related discipline (desirable)
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Training and Assessment related discipline (desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager including knowledge and experience in employment law, remuneration and benefits, compensation, organisational planning, organisation development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development preferably within the tourism or transport industry.
- Knowledge of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements and experience in enterprise bargaining
- Experience conducting complex workplace investigations (Experience with EMS software will be well regarded)
- Proven track record in implementing and managing recruitment processes (Experience with Expr3ss software will be well regarded)
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close by 5pm Friday 14 February 2020
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.