SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island Barges and Fraser Explorer Tours. Employing 300+ employees, Kingfisher Bay Resort Group offers career opportunities spanning across a broad range of disciplines.
We are seeking a Master IV Skipper to join our Fraser Island Barges team.
Reporting to the Marine Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the daily operational duties are carried out on the vessel, in accordance to policies and procedures.
About the role:
- The ability to safely operate any of the three passenger ferries in the fleet
- Display a high standard of customer service to guests travelling to Fraser Island
- Ensure Guest safety upon embarking and disembarking of the vessel
- Conduct safety drills in accordance with emergency procedures
- Coordination of loading / unloading vehicles and cargo
- Oversee and assist in fuelling, maintenance and general cleaning of the vessel
To be successful you MUST possess:
- Skipper Master IV - Essential
- MED III - Essential
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Adherence to maritime safety operations and legislation
- High regard for exceptional customer service
- Time management skills & ability to work in a team
- Ability to promote products and services across Resort and Touring options
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- Flexibility in work hours
- Current drivers license
You will be rewarded with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications. You will benefit from staff discounts across hotel operations and tour experiences and will be joining a company who pride themselves on promoting an exceptional nature based ecotourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact on Fraser Island's environment.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.