- Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
All meals and accommodation when rostered on duty are provided
Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Hold a Master – Inland Waters with <80m endorsement (Master Class 4 – RMIW) Certificate of Competency?
Strong Leader of People
Customer Experience Focused
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX:SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Vessel handling
- Flexibility and reliability
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Proven reporting and accountability
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of Shipboard Safety (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Master Inland Waters with <80m endorsement (Master Class 4 – RMIW) Certificate of Competency (Essential)
- Certificate in Frontline Management (Desirable)
- Driver’s Licence (Essential)
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals (Essential)
- Previous leadership experience (Essential)
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors (Essential)
- Excellent navigational and vessel handling skills (Essential)
- Sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems (Essential)
- Sound knowledge of SA Work Health & Safety Requirements (Essential)
- Experience in Tourism Industry (Essential)
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided, if required.
About the role
This position is an integral part of Captain Cook Cruises. The Master's primary function is to ensure the safe and efficient operation and navigation of the PS Murray Princess, ensuring the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant laws ad company policies.
With exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, supported with excellence in compliance, safety, reliability and guest service, will ensure a positive onboard experience for both our passenger guests and crew.
It is also a requirement to have a suitable level of fitness to cope with any of the physical demands of any onboard duty pertaining to decks, navigation and tender vessel operation and to lead by example.
Leading by example with excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required.
This role requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
A permanent full time roster will include:
14.5 days on / 14.5 days off
A permanent part time roster will include:
14.5 days off / 13.5 days on / 6.5 days off / 6.5 days on
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for this position.
Applications close 15 January 2020.