Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Resort Front Office Duty Manager to join our Kingfisher Bay Resort team.
The successful applicant is responsible for managing the Front Office Team and daily procedures, reporting to the Front Office Manager, and Rooms Division Manager.
This is a live on island role and involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
Key Role Requirements
- Proven staff management, rostering, providing ongoing support and training to your team, and ability to conduct monthly team member appraisal reports to Management
- Ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations – ability to effectively communicate between other resort departments
- Management of the daily resort log
- Ensuring efficient front office operations, through maintaining budgets and controls of financial reports
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day, 24 hour working week
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrated Front Office Management experience in a large Hotel or Resort based environment
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, reconciliation and accounts management
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 26 September 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Fraser Island incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, and Fraser Island Barges & Fraser Explorer Tours.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.