SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink South East Queensland operates vehicle ferry and passenger ferry services to North Stradbroke Island and the Southern Moreton Bay Islands. Our vehicle ferries to North Stradbroke island offer on-board café services, together with a shore-based café at the departure terminal in Cleveland.
We are looking for a Café Manager to join our team. The Café Manager is responsible for the daily operations, business growth and achievement of budgets and sales for the land-based and on-board cafes.
About the role:
You will lead our café team on a journey towards new and exciting opportunities to grow and enhance our café business. This is a Permanent Full-Time role based at our Cleveland departure terminal.
Areas of responsibility include:
- The ability to take ownership of this role, drive progress and enhance financial results
- Proactively develop a range of new customer food and beverage offerings through the cafés.
- Ensure all sales opportunities are maximised, and sales budgets achieved.
- Identify and implement business sales and process improvements.
- Manage purchases, orders, receipt and storage of goods according to budgets and safe food handling guidelines.
- Negotiate with suppliers for service and food delivery contracts including pricing and service delivery levels.
- Manage staffing and rosters, operational procedures and stocktake reporting
- Comply with Café Food Safety Handling Standards, Liquor Licensing requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Company Policies and Risk Management requirements including reporting of incidents and risk situations where required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience and results in continuous development of innovative business strategies to increase sales and profit.
- Finance and business acumen including budget development and the ability to produce high level/analytical reports
- Experience with the management of food and beverage service, staff supervision, stock control, security, supplier management, food and beverage revenue analysis and promotions/marketing liaison
- Ability to prioritise workloads and demonstrate flexibility when additional tasks are required
- Demonstrated high level of staff management, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills
- Great time management skills and the ability to remain level-headed when under pressure
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with proven experience in building relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards including: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
- Competency in Word, Excel, Intranet and proven ability to work with industry programs e.g. Kounta
- Food Safety Course (Essential)
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (Essential)
- Driver’s License (Essential)
- Espresso Coffee Making or prepared to qualify (Desirable)
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your online application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.