Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for an exceptionally talented and motivated Food and Beverage Supervisor to join our team.
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Hold a current RSA Certificate?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences, and we are looking for motivated professional's to join our dynamic Food & Beverage team as a Food & Beverage Supervisor.
In this hands on role, you will lead, mentor and motivate your team, ensuring we deliver professional, efficient and a high standard of friendly customer service.
What we need from you:
- As the ideal candidate, you will have 1-3 years’ experience in food and beverage in a leadership role, working in a hotel or resort environment with multiple restaurant & bar offerings.
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Assist Food and Beverage management in achieving team KPI's
- Experience with the supervision of food and beverage service, staff supervision and stock control
- Represent needs of the team
- Training and onboarding of new team members
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work across multiple outlets, understanding and supervising the various expectations within each outlet
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a quality a-la-carte / fine dining restaurant service / high volume buffet service / weddings and events (any of the listed)
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge.
- Flexibility to work around a 24 hour Operation.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
Our promise to you:
- We will reward you with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications.
- We will allow you to benefit from staff discounts across hotel operations and tour experiences and will be joining a company who pride themselves on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for a live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 5 March 2021.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.