Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Full Time/Casual Positions
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Rottnest Island & Captain Cook Cruises WA are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team!
Hold a Master 4 Certificate of Competency?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
SeaLink / Captain Cook Cruises operates a fleet of vessels cruising into the Swan Valley, Perth to Fremantle & out to Rottnest Island.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Communication – written and verbal
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Proven vessel handling skills
- Flexibility and reliability
- Outstanding customer service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Tourism industry experience
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master 4 Certificate of Competency - Essential
- MED 2 or higher - Essential
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- Driver’s licence – Essential
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems – Essential
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations - Essential
- Confined Space – Desirable
- Forklift and HR Licence - Desirable
- Elevated Work Platform license – Desirable
About the role
The Master will be responsible for the daily efficient operation of the vessels whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times. The primary function of this role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of Company vessels. This position requires working as leader of a team, a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills as well as proven safe ship handling and management skills.
You will be required to work across all our vessels and will include some engineering duties/shifts. You will be required to work a mixture of shifts covering days, evenings, nights, weekends & public holidays. You will work in close conjunction with the Marine Maintenance Manager and the Marine Operations Manager.
This is a key role within the organisation and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management skills.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close Friday 18th October 2019 at 5pm.