Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink is looking for a HR professional to join their team in a permanent full time capacity.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a Generalist HR position, preferably within the tourism or transport industry.
SeaLink, South Australia is owned by the SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK), Australia's largest marine transport and tourism company, with operations in SA, NSW, QLD, NT, Tasmania and WA. We employ over 1,600 people across Australia and transport more than 8 million customers every year.
About the role
The People & Culture Consultant will report to the People and Culture Manager, and be part of a team that values integrity and team work.
This role will predominantly support South Australian operational team, comprising of approximately 350 team members. They will oversee and coordinate the delivery of HR services to our various departments including areas such as Sales, Administration, Kangaroo Island ferries, Murray Princess accommodated cruises, coach touring and charters in Adelaide and on Kangaroo Island and Vivonne Bay Lodge accommodation and bistro.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support all HR activities including recruitment, performance management, training and employee engagement
- Managing recruitment processes (Experience with Expr3ss software will be well regarded)
- Develop contracts of employment and advice (Agreement, Award Based and Award Free)
- Assist with the negotiation and implementation of Enterprise Agreements
- Partner with the department leaders to provide HR support
- Coordination of a range of Employee Recognition programs
- Assistance with the development and implementation of National project
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have worked in a Generalist HR role, preferably within the tourism or transport industry
- Knowledge of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Experience conducting workplace investigations (Experience with EMS software will be well regarded)
- Be highly competent in using Microsoft suite of applications.
- have outstanding interpersonal communication and written skills including the ability to evaluate conflict situations and implement conciliatory procedures as needed
- Demonstrate attention to detail, time management and leadership skills
- Have a HR qualification
- Have the ability to travel (intrastate and Interstate, as required)
Key to your success in this role, you will thrive in a fast paced and diverse environment. You will have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 14 October 2019.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.