Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
About the Role
We are in search of professional Wedding & Events Coordinator to join our diverse winning team of Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
Key Role Requirements
- Uphold professional client liaison and the conducting of regular site inspections
- Identification of client needs and requirements to ensure the best possible delivery of events
- Delivery of internal banquet event orders with exceptional attention to detail
- Coordination of high profile academic, corporate and government events
- Coordination of weddings (including ceremonies and receptions), anniversaries, birthday celebrations and tour series
- Maintaining and nurturing client relationships
- Ongoing support and operational involvement with the Food & Beverage Department and team in event set ups, pack downs and general even running’s
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for a live on island team member, to move into the Staff Village, (a 10 minute walk of the Resort & Barge), with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Proactive attitude towards securing new and repeat business
- Ability to raise client invoices and follow up post-event
- You will be a motivated, well organised, and reliable person who has the ability to manage simultaneous events in a professional manner
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- Experience within conferencing, events, corporate and weddings
- The ability to relocate to the Staff Village on Fraser Island
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to event set ups and pack downs
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills, you will be highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Hospitality/Event Management tertiary qualification (highly regarded)
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Staff rates for meals
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on 5 November 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.