Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for a live on dynamic and energetic Retail Assistant to join our team at Eurong Beach Resort.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of skilled and enthusiastic individuals. Your role will involve providing exceptional customer experiences, to guests and fellow team members in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.…do you think you have what it takes?
Key Role Responsibilities
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Assist in the receiving of and stocking of new product
- Assist with stock orders
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
- Follow all companies policies and procedures
Moving to Fraser Island…
We are searching a live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Accommodation, located within the grounds of the Resort, and sharing the accommodation facilities with approximately 50 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily for team members (staff pricing)
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the staff and backpackers pool
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure environment
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village at Eurong Beach Resort on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 10 day working fortnight
- Great time management skills
- Ability to take direction and work as a part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work essential
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- A valid Queensland RSA
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience working in a fast past environment would be an advantage
- Cash handling experience
- Open & Closing procedures experience
- Merchandising Experience
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on 28 October 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Fraser Island incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, and Fraser Island Barges & Fraser Explorer Tours.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.