Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier cruise company with a fleet of seven luxurious vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry. Located within the newly established Elizabeth Quay precinct, we offer a wide range of cruise options from Perth to our port city of Fremantle, or upstream towards the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
Captain Cook Cruises/Bells Functions seeks a talented and experienced Chef De Partie to join our kitchen team which caters for a large volume of public cruises and private functions.
This is a casual position with full time hours for the duration of our busy summer season.
As a high-profile tourism business, the successful candidate will be required to work flexible working hours when required, including days, nights, public holidays and weekends.
To be successful you must:
- Have at least 3-4 years experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Have experience with Buffet and A La Carte dining
- Be trade qualified
- Self-motivated, autonomous person who is dedicated to their role
- Have excellent communication skills
- Proven strong guest/customer service skills
- Be a team player
- Be committed to producing excellent food for our customers
- Attention to detail in preparation and food preparation
- Flexible and reliable
About the Role:
- Be capable and experienced in supervising and leading the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Instruct, coach, train and develop cooks/kitchen hands by actively demonstrating best practice working techniques
- Organise your assigned section and ensure it runs efficiently and productively
- Assist with the preparation of food, catering of all dietary requirements and food is labelled, rotated and kept in a clean and orderly manner
- Prepare and cook all food including non-menu items as requested
- Assist with the transportation, loading and unloading of food and equipment to/from our vessels
- Assist with the kitchen cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure all food is produced hygienically and to our kitchen recipes and standards
- Assist in completing food safety documentation.
- Ensure that the highest levels of guest service standards are always maintained
- Ensure the highest levels of personal presentation and grooming.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close Friday 4 October 2019 at 5 pm.