Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Rottnest Island & Captain Cook Cruises are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team!
Hold a MED1/MED2 Certificate of Competency?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
SeaLink / Captain Cook Cruises operates a fleet of vessels cruising into the Swan Valley, Perth to Fremantle & out to Rottnest Island.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management.
- Communication - written and verbal.
- Organisation and planning.
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation.
- Proven vessel maintenance experience.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations.
- Tourism industry experience.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Minimum Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC (Essential) - Preferable MED 1
- Shipboard Safety Certificate (Essential)
- Senior First Aid - Essential
- Driver's License - Essential
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems - Essential
- Knowledge of OH&S Regulations - Essential
- Confined Space - Desirable
- Forklift and HR License - Desirable
- Elevated Work Platform License - Desirable
- Test & Tag - Desirable
- Experience with Scania and / or Caterpillar Marine Engines - Highly Desirable
About the role
We are hiring for permanent full-time and part time positions.
This position in our team creates an opportunity for you to join an award-winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
The primary function of this role is the safe and efficient operation of Company vessels. The Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight and maintenance of all main and auxiliary machinery, including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical, plus the servicing and maintenance of firefighting equipment, the engine room, and the cleanliness of machinery spaces.
The Engineer works in close conjunction with the On Ground Maintenance Manager in the day-to-day maintenance requirements, the Captain in ensuring all technical requirements are met and the Operations Manager for ensuring services, supplies and work requirements are met.
The engineer also assists with the loading/unloading of the vessel, luggage & equipment. This position requires working as leader of a team, a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
This role is predominantly for the Rottnest service however you will be required to work across all our vessels. You will be required to work a mixture of shifts covering days, evenings, nights, weekends & public holidays.
This is a key role within the organisation and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications for this position close 5pm Friday 5 March 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.