Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier cruise company with a fleet of seven luxurious vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry. Located within the newly established Elizabeth Quay precinct, we offer a wide range of cruise options from Perth to our port city of Fremantle, or upstream towards the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there is operational needs
- Be well presented at all times
- Strong problem solving and engineering diagnostic skills
- Be a good handyman
- Have good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Minimum Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC (Essential)
- Practical experience marine or boat repair (Essential)
- Working knowledge of OH&S systems and regulations (Essential)
- Shipboard Safety Certificate (Essential)
- Trade Certificate (Desirable)
An understanding of the following:
- Diesel Engines
- Electrics, domestic and marine
- Plumbing and pumping systems
About the role
This position in our team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
Currently this is a casual position with the potential of becoming a permanent position.
This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic.
Reporting to the Captain, the Engineer is an integral position in the safe operation of the our vessels. The Engineers’ primary function is to ensure the technical aspect of the vessel is maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
The Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight and maintenance of all main and auxiliary machinery, including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical, plus the servicing and maintenance of firefighting equipment, the engine room and the cleanliness of machinery spaces.
This role works mostly when the vessel is either in operation or in port, however, is required to respond to technical related issues throughout the cruise operation.
The Engineer works in close conjunction with the On Ground Maintenance Manager in the day-to-day maintenance requirements, the Captain in ensuring all technical requirements are met and the Operations Manager for ensuring services, supplies and work requirements are met.
There is a Hospitality aspect to this position.The Engineer from time to time will have to help behind the bar or on the floor during cruises.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close Friday 4 October 2019 at 5 pm.