- Join an award winning tourism and transport company
- Training and Development opportunities provided
- All meals and accommodation when rostered on duty are provided
- Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
2 years experience in customer service?
Hold a Master – Inland Waters (Master Class 5 RMIW), Certificate of Competency?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required and available to work up to 15 days on board
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there are operational needs
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members (of the same gender)
- Be well presented at all times
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- Senior First Aid
- Master Inland Waters with <80m endorsement (Master Class 4 – RMIW) Certificate of Competency
- Certificate in Frontline Management
- Driver’s Licence
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Excellent navigational and vessel handling skills
- Sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of SA Work Health & Safety Requirements
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
This position is an integral part of Captain Cook Cruises. The First officers primary function is guest service and to assist with the safe and secure operations and navigation of the P.S Murray Princess as directed by the Captain. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have a suitable level of fitness to cope with any of the physical demands of any onboard duty pertaining to decks, navigation and tender vessel operation and to lead by example. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required.
This role requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.