Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team!
Hold a Master Certificate of Competency?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Ability to work with and accept change
- Rapport and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Initiative & self-motivated
- Systematic reasoning
- Achievement and results driven
- Assume leadership responsibilities
- Elements of Shipboard Safety – Essential
- Senior First Aid – Essential
- Master 5 Certificate of Competency – Essential
- 2 years customer service experience – Essential
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Certificate in Frontline Management - Desirable
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 - Desirable
- Experience in the Transport Industry - Essential
- Previous leadership experience - Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism Industry – Desirable
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors - Desirable
About the role
This position will be an integral part of the SeaLink Travel Group ferries team. The Mates’ primary function is customer service and to assist with the safe and secure operations and navigation of Company vessels as directed by the Ship’s Master. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Currently. The Mate is on a seven day on, seven day off roster and you may be required to work outside of these hours on occasions during periods of annual slipping and maintenance requirements. A sound knowledge of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will be working in close conjunction with the Ships’ Master.
The Mate will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics.
This role requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.